This translation of the eligibility requirements only serves to help your understanding. In the case that the translation differs from the German original the German version of the eligibility requirements is solely decisive.
As of: 21 January 2022
Saturday 04 June 2022 and Sunday 05 June 2022
2 Start und finish
Festival place Am Hädenberg, 36137 Großenlüder-Bimbach, Germany
3 Type of event
The Rhön-Radmarathon is a cycling tourism event, there is no timekeeping. The Rhön-Radmarathon is not a race!
The offered routes with all data can be viewed on the following page: www.rhoen-radmarathon.de/en/routes. Tour E3, E, C and B are offered exclusively on Sunday. Tour 1, 2, 3, Family Tour and the MTB route are offered on Saturday, and ,if regulatory requirements allow, also offered on Sunday. The Tour 4 is offered exclusively on Saturday.
5 Start time and start windows
Start windows of 15 min will be introduced in order to distribute the participants at the start, on the route and at the checkpoints in the best possible way and to be able to guarantee the distance requirements. The start window will be chosen by the participant at registration. The start window chosen at registration is mandatory and the participant is obliged to start within the specified time. If the maximum number of participants for a start window is reached, the registration option for this start window will be closed. A subsequent change of the start window is not possible. If regulatory requirements allow, the start time windows will be waived and an individual start within the times indicated in the event schedule will be possible.
Registration for Tour E3, E, C and B is only possible online and is only possible up to the participant limit of 2000 starting places. The date of opening of the registration portal will be announced in time on our homepage. There is no claim for a starting place. The registration is only valid with the payment of the participation fee within five bankdays.
The registration for the routes Tour 1, 2, 3, 4, MTB and Family Tour is only possible online as of today. The registration will be opened at a later point in time than the Rhön-Radmarathon. The date of opening of the registration portal will be announced in time on our homepage. The registration at the festive place will not be possible as of today. The participant limit is 2000 starting places for Tour 1, 2, 3, 4 and Family Tour and 200 starting places for MTB per day. There is no claim for a starting place. The registration is only valid with the payment of the participation fee within five bankdays. If the official requirements allow it, the participant limit for the RTF routes will be removed and registration on site will be offered.
We reserve the right to reduce the number of participants and to cancel the registration of individual participants for this purpose if this should be necessary for the realisation of the event due to legal/official requirements. Cancellation will be made in reverse order of the date of registration. In this case, the entry fee and the pre-sale fee will be refunded in total.
The refund will not be made automatically, as we do not know the bank account details of the participants. The participant will be informed by e-mail about the refund procedure and can then apply for the refund on our homepage, stating the bank account details of the registration.
The participant is only entitled to use the services on the route chosen at the registration and within the specified times. Deviating from this, the participant can or must ride a shorter route than the chosen route during the event. Either on the basis of his own decision or if he has not passed the route separation at the specified times.
7 Participation fee and pre-sale fee
The participation fee and the pre-sale fee for the different routes can be viewed on the following page: https://www.rhoen-radmarathon.de/en/information/participation-fee The participation fee entitles the participant to use the route signage, refreshment at the checkpoints and the route/return service (spare parts are not included) while participating in the event. Also included: Finisher T-Shirt (only Tour E3, E, C, B) and Bimbach 400 award (only Bimbach 400 participants). BDR members are granted a discount. The BDR membership verification must be available at the start for verification. The pre-sale fee will not be refunded in case of cancellation of the event.
The payment of the online registration is possible via direct debit (only with German bank account) or via PayPal. Participants, which want to pay via direct debit without German bank account, complete the registration until the bank account / IBAN is requested and then cancel the process. Afterwards send us an e-mail to
For Tour E3, E, C and B, every cyclist from the age of 18 is eligible to start. From 16 years of age accompanied by an adult and with the consent of their parents. For Tour 1, 2, 3, MTB and Family Tour there is no age limit, Minors are allowed to start only if accompanied by an adult and with consent their parents.
10 Replacements and withdrawal
Participants unable to participate are not entitled to any refund of their participation fee and pre-sales fee. A transfer of the starting place to the next year is not possible. The shipping of the finisher T-shirt and the Bimbach 400 award is excluded. A transfer of a starting place to another participant in case of prevention or illness is possible until 21 days before the event by e-mail to
11 Starting number pick-up
As of today there will be no distribution of starting documents at the festive place. The starting documents for the cycling marathon routes (including start number and start map) will be sent to the participants by post approximately two weeks before the event. For the RTF routes, after registration and payment the start ticket will be sent as a PDF file to the e-mail address provided by the participant. The start ticket must be printed out by the participant and brought to the event. It is not possible to pick up/print the start card from online registration on site. The starting number must be worn visibly on the back as proof of participation throughout the event.
12 Time limit
The time limit for Tour 1, 2, 3, 4, MTB and Family Tour on Saturday and Sunday at 6.00 p.m. in Bimbach. The time limit for Tour E3, E, C, B is Sunday at 7.30 p.m. in Bimbach.
The opening hours of the checkpoints and route separations (Tour 4, Tour C, Tour E and Tour E3) are limited in time and are based on the time limit. The times will be announced during the route presentation and are noted on the route guidance and the event schedule.
At the announced times the route separation signs will be removed and then the route sections will be closed. Afterwards the final car will check the route. The participant is obliged to drive on the signposted route. Participants who ride onto the closed sections or are behind the final car will no longer take part in the event and have no claim to signage, service vehicles and refreshments
The location of the refreshment posts or checkpoints can be found on the starting card or on the route guidance (only tour E3, E, C and B). The route guidance will be sent with the starting documents. For Tour E3, E, C and B a warm meal will be offered at the checkpoint in Bischofsheim, please plan your time here accordingly! The checkpoints will be closed at the times indicated, which are based on the time limit. There is no claim to refreshments outside the opening hours of the specific KP as indicated in the event schedule.
14 Changes of the event
The organiser is entitled to change or shorten the route in case of bad weather, construction sites, official orders or other unforeseen events. In the event of force majeure - in particular bad weather, major disasters or pandemics - or official orders, the organiser is entitled to cancel the event, even at short notice. In this case, the entry fee will not be refunded.
15 Duties of the participants
- 15.1a The rules of the StVO (http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/stvo_2013/), the StVZO (https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/stvzo_2012/), the Generalausschreibung of the BDR (https://www.rad-net.de/generalausschreibungen_5.htm) and the UCI (https://www.uci.org/inside-uci/constitutions-regulations/regulations) apply.
- 15.1b During the entire event, the road traffic regulations (StVO) must be strictly respected. The police control the routes and will exclude participants from the event in case of violations. The (mis) behaviour of each individual may result in the Rhön-Radmarathon not being able to take place as usual in the future. You harm the event and the reputation of cycling with violations!
- 15.2 The instructions of police and volunteers must be followed.
- 15.3 Wearing of an approved bicycle helmet is mandatory.
- 15.4 Wearing the starting number is mandatory. The participation with the number of another person is not allowed.
- 15.5 Each participant has to make sure that his bicycle and his gear is suitable and in a technically perfect condition to be used in the event. For the event, repair kit and appropriate tools are to be brought along for the repair of breakdowns.
- 15.6 The pandemic regulations of the Federal Republic of Germany, the Federal States of Hesse, Thuringia, Bavaria and the respective districts valid on the day of the event and the hygienic concept of the event must be respected by each participant during the entire event. In the event of non-compliance with the regulations and rules, we reserve the right to immediately exclude participants from the event and to expel persons from the festive place. Certificates of exemption (for example for not wearing a mouth-nose protection) will not be accepted.
- 15.7a If required by official regulations, the participant is obliged to show all proofs (in particular vaccination certificates and coronatests) that are required for participation in the event according to the legal situation valid on the day of the event.
- 15.7b If required by official regulations, the participant is obliged to submit, on the day of the event before the start, a written self-declaration regarding his/her state of health with regard to a possible SARS-CoV-2 infection. The self-declaration can be viewed on our homepage and will be sent to the participants with the starting documents. Those who have submitted the self-declaration will receive an identification badge which must be shown at the checkpoints and at the festival site.
- 15.7c Participation in the event is not permitted to anyone who:
- does not fill in the self-declaration or does not fill it in completely or does not sign it
- is unable to present the proof (in particular proof of vaccination and coronatests) that is required for participation in the event according to the legal situation valid on the day of the event.
- is infectious with SARS-CoV-2 and/or is under quarantine
- has been in a high-risk area designated by the RKI in the 14 days prior to the event
- has had contact with a person who has tested positive for or is suspected of being infected with Corona virus (quarantine/test result pending) in the 14 days prior to the event.
- Has one or more of the following symptoms of illness: Fever, Dry cough, Loss of sense of taste or smell, Shortness of breath.
- 15.7 In this case, there will be no refund of the entry fee and the advance booking fee.
- 15.8 In the event of violations of the duties mentioned, we reserve the right to exclude the participant from the event for the following years.
Each participant rides on his own account, danger and risk. Any liability of the organizer is excluded; there are no claims of compensation. The participant waives any legal claims against the organizer for physical or material damage caused by himself or caused by others. Participants should have liability and accident insurance. The liability of the organiser for a possible infection with respiratory diseases during the participation in the event is excluded.
17 Health and physical requirements
Each participant is aware of the high physical strain and confirms with the registration that he/she meets the health and physical requirements to participate in the event. The organizer explicitly recommends to have a sports medical examination before participating in the event to exclude health risks due to the high physical strain.
By sending the online registration form, the participant must declare that he/she has carefully acknowledged and unconditionally accepted the eligibility requirements published on the website www.rhoen-radmarathon.de in every point thereof. According to Art. 13 of EU Regulation 679/2016, the participant must declare that he/she has viewed said information published on the website www.rhoen-radmarathon.de and that he/she has been informed as to the compulsory nature of providing consent for the related data processing for the purposes indicated below of the mentioned information. The acceptance has to be provided through selection of the relevant box on the online registration form for the eligibility requirements and processing of personal data. Everybody is aware that failure to provide consent for processing of data for the aims indicated below, will imply the impossibility to proceed with the registration for the activity in question. The data must be complete and legible. The participant agrees that: * his personal data will be stored and processed electronically. The data will only be used by us or the BDR (Bund Deutscher Radfahrer). The data will not be handed over to third parties. * his personal and address data can be handed over to the police and regulatory authorities upon request. * his name, birthday, city and team will be published in the internet. * the organizer - or one of his partners/service providers – will take photos, videos, or TV-recordings of him which can be used without any limitation. * the recorded data will be used for advertising and information on behalf of the organizer only.
The disposal of waste and packaging along the route is prohibited. All participants are asked to put the waste into the designated bins at the checkpoints.
20 showers/toilets and campground
The toilets at the festival site will not be open all day and access will be limited. The toilets will be opened one hour before the first start slot and closed one hour after the end of the time limit.
If the official requirements allow it, showers and a campground next to the starting area will be provided free of charge. Camping is only allowed on the designated and marked pitches. The opening hours can be found in the event schedule. The use of the site is at your own risk. When driving on the meadows, the ground must be checked for sufficient bearing capacity; the vehicle owner is liable for any damage that may occur. There is no claim to a camping slot. For the protection of local residents and other participants, it is absolutely necessary to keep the night rest. When departing from the camping grounds please make sure that all tent pegs and objects have been removed.
Our cycling marathon leads through the high altitudes of the Rhön with its harsh climate. Please take this into account when choosing your clothing! It is recommended that you bring additional clothes and a wind/rain cover for bad weather.